EMEN2 is dependent on several other packages. With the exception of Python, which is generally up to date and well-packaged on most systems, I recommend downloading the latest version from the project's site and installing it, or using easy_install for the package if possible. (Linux/Mac package management systems often have out of date software.)
If I have specified a version, it is the minimum version I have tested EMEN2 with. I cannot guarantee success with versions earlier than noted.
* Python 2.5+
- (note: do not use Python 3.0)
* Berkeley DB 4.8.24+
- BDB is the storage and transactional backend for EMEN2 Note: I have not tested Berkeley DB 5.x
* bsddb3 4.8.4+ (latest)
- Python bindings for Berkeley DB Note: I have not tested Berkeley DB 5.x
http://www.jcea.es/programacion/pybsddb.htm "easy_install bsddb3"
* Mako Templates (latest)
- A simple, fast templating system for Python
http://www.makotemplates.org/ "easy_install makotemplates"
* demjson (latest)
- A fast, compliant JSON module
http://deron.meranda.us/python/demjson/ "easy_install demjson"
- note: EMEN2 may use the Python json standard library in the future
* Twisted 10.x+
- An event-driven networking engine written in Python
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ "easy_install twisted"
* PyYAML (latest)
- Configuration file is YAML-based "easy_install yaml"
- Network encryption "easy_install pyOpenSSL"
- EMAN2 is optionally used to generate browsable micrograph previews.